"Pic" of the week:
Some people just don’t like to get their picture taken.
Best Nature Photo Awards by NG (National Geographic)
* “Burning down the house”; A correlation between foreclosure activity and questionable home fires. This LA Times article is entitled “Arson to avoid foreclosure?”: http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-arson21apr21,0,3776892.story
Headline Mortgage News:
* Will Congress make things worse? Mortgage bailout plans might actually lengthen the housing decline. Read this article from CNNMoney.com – “Many problems with mortgage bailouts”: http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/22/news/economy/housing_rescue/?postversion=2008042211
* The Mortgage Bankers Association says mortgage loan applications were down 14.2% last week (from the week before): http://www.mortgagebankers.org/NewsandMedia/PressCenter/62116.htm
* Remember the “S & L Crisis” 20 years ago? What if Fannie and Freddie needed a government bail-out? Some think this is possible and would be 2-4 time more expensive. Read about it in this CNN Money article entitled “The trillion-dollar mortgage time bomb” : http://money.cnn.com/2008/04/21/news/economy/fannie_freddie/?postversion=2008042217
* Another Acronym-HVCC: Appraisers, you’ve head about it…Have you read it? The following link is known as the Home Valuation Code of Conduct. This document is one of the results of the 03/03/2008 agreement between several other Acronyms: FNMA, FHLMC, OFHEO and the attorney general of New York: http://www.ofheo.gov/media/agreements/3308HomeValuationCodeofConduct.pdf
Thought for the Week:
I haven't failed. I've found 10,000 ways that won't work. -Benjamin Franklin
Is it real or is it Photoshop? This photo has been bounced around the internet as an example of a very creative paint job on a bathroom floor. You might hesitate before walking into this room, right? Actually it’s not a real bathroom at all. Just an entry to a Worth 1000 photo contest in 2005.
And finally, Appraise That!
Forget trying to appraise it…where is it and what is it? We’ve received this photo from several people during the past few weeks. According to Snopes, this is not a “Redneck Mansion”. It is actually “an outdoor theater set, one used by the Theater het Amsterdam Bos for a 2005 production of the Anton Chekhov play Ivanov”….so now you know.
Brought to you by:
885 Woodstock Road, Suite 430-305
Roswell, GA 30075
Love our new "Boice Mail" more than life itself? You can subscribe to the blog below and receive it each week in your email box automatically!